Monday, March 29, 2010

Saturday Shoot

I always seem to get my blog days mixed up, so I'm responding slightly later to our Saturday long take shoot. First off, I thought it went great. Everyone showed up, ready n rearin to go. For our project we were trying to create an early 20's, silent film treasure hunt type of feel. But as our explorer discovers the buried idol, and hides it, chaos ensues and he is chased by fellow explorers (a few people from later on in the 20th century appear; but i think it helps with the absurdity of the piece).
The other group that helped us out worked great with us, and had no qualms about dressing in crazy costumes for our bit. And Jon did a spectacular job running the camera and keeping time. Our piece came out at exactly 50-some seconds...It was really cool getting to use the old Bolex cameras, doing the processing of the film, and capturing them on video. The old scratchiness that is produced certainly aids in our genre we were goin for.
I also really enjoyed the smaller 8mm camera that was going around. I'm interested in seeing what kind of footage manages to come out of that. On the whole, I think saturday went great for everybody and was a lot of fun. We definately got lucky with the good weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment